Refactor code to use vanilla caget/caput python API instead of CDS python API
I've got a new way of using docker-compose that will let us run all of CTN lab control scripts inside a swarm of dockers. It is working with the IOC processes we just need to get the python scripts wrapped up inside dockers so they can run in a system agnostic way. There is a minimum working example of a python script accessing EPICS channels shown here fincle/pyEPICSDocker, we just need to make a few adaptions to make it flexible for different script package requirments and launching arbitrary python scripts.
We've been using Jamie's CDS python API, but its too heavy to use in containerized format. There is a much lighter python EPICS api that only includes what we need called pyepics.
We need to replace all Ezca.read and Ezca.write instances in PIDLocker_beta.py, autolocker.py, PLLautolocker.py, rmsMonitor.py, PIDLocker_cavcontrol.py with much simpler caget and caput imported commands. This should lighten up our scripts and make them ready for docker swarm and other general purpose use.
- Refactor above mentioned scripts to use simple caget and caput commands of pyepics
- Tweak Dockerfile in fincle/pyEPICSDocker to make it general purpose pyepics launching container
- Modify docker-compose.yml from controls@C3IOCServer ~/modbus to launch all the needed scripts that were previously hosted on acromag1
- Launch all scripts from controls@C3IOCServer in unique IP range
- Version control the docker-compose and config files in this new location