Moving old detections to superevents and making them public
We want to make old events like GW170817 into superevents and available publicly.
The steps will be:
- Aggregate the events into superevents
- Copy over relevant content (logs, files, etc.)
- Metadata: do we need log submitters, timestamps, etc. to match that of the original event? Patrick: No
- Add new information like samples files which are included for these events on GWOSC.
- Internal vetting and approval.
- Public release
Steps 1 and 2 will likely be handled by superevent_manager/gwcelery.
- What kind of timescale are we working on?
- Catalog paper and engineering run are expected near the end of November. Can we get this done on a similar timescale?
- Maybe - need to talk to Tom about AWS/public implementation plan
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information