move core of lalapps_SFTvalidate to lalpulsar function
- new function ValidateSFTFile() in SFTReferenceLibrary.c with minimal changes to original lalapps code (just whitespace cleanup and fixing one previously-global variable)
- executable calls ValidateSFTFile() directly to have the same stdout printing and return code handling as older versions
- also introduce SWIG-accessible wrapper XLALValidateSFTFile() which fails on any validation errors
As a prerequisite, the first commit moves the SFTReferenceLibrary module from lalapps to lalpulsar, as suggested in #373 (closed). If there are problems with that approach, there would be possible work-arounds.
API Changes and Justification
Backwards Compatible Changes
- This change introduces no API changes
- This change adds new API calls
Backwards Incompatible Changes
- This change modifies an existing API
- This change removes an existing API
If any of the Backwards Incompatible check boxes are ticked please provide a justification why this change is necessary and why it needs to be done in a backwards incompatible way.
@karl-wette how does this look?