Rewrite of CI configuration
This MR introduces a rewrite of the gitlab CI configuration. This should introduce no changes to the pipeline, with the exception of
- most 'top-level build' jobs now run
- the macOS platform tests use conda for their software environment
coveragejob now runs in its own stage
codequalityreports, rather than
API Changes and Justification
Backwards Compatible Changes
- This change introduces no API changes
- This change adds new API calls
Backwards Incompatible Changes
- This change modifies an existing API
- This change removes an existing API
If any of the Backwards Incompatible check boxes are ticked please provide a justification why this change is necessary and why it needs to be done in a backwards incompatible way.
Please provide details on any reviews related to this change and and the associated reviewers.